Jul 16, 2012

Lost Canyon 2012: 4


Day Nine

July 16th, 2012

I have been reading "The Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe" when I am have free time.  It is the first book I have read for fun... in probably 3 years.  I am enjoying the crap out of it!  
It helps that C.S Lewis is one of my favorite authors too.


Today, I read a portion that hit me deeply as I saw the connection what I am investing my time into here at Lost Canyon this month.  Let me share...


This part of the story occurs after Lucy, the littlest sister continues to plead with her siblings that Narnia is real and that you get there through a magical wardrobe.  Peter and Susan don't believe her - so they speak with the Professor whom they are living with...


Through 4 pages of dialogue, the Professor essentially logically argues that unless there is reason to disbelieve Lucy then they should assume that in fact there is a country called Narnia that is only reachable through the wardrobe.  Peter and Susan can't fathom this is true...

Then... finally... Peter says it plainly.  "Do you really mean, Sir... that there could actually be other worlds?  All around us and just around the corner - like this place?"  The calm answer defies logic... The Professor said, "Nothing is more probable."


This is it!  This is what I get to do.  YOUNG LIFE is calling attention the "other world" that is all around us.  We are Lucy!  We have experienced the Kingdom of God and we are trying - with all of our might - to speak the truth to others who are blind to it.  Our world says that what you can see, touch, feel and perceive is real.  That which you cannot is not real.  This is not truth.


The truth is that the Kingdom of God is at hand all around us - RIGHT NOW!  

My prayer for my sweet daughter is that she would see as soon as possible.  I pray YOU, whoever you are, reading this right now that you would see as soon as possible.  God's Kingdom is all around.  His "world" as it were... is accessible to us.

Lord, let me be a LUCY.

No comments:

Post a Comment