Jul 15, 2012

Lost Canyon 2012: 3

Day Eight

July 15th, 2012

Yesterday was the day that 406 kids and leaders who were here for the first week of camp went home.  It was a busy, chaotic week.  It was full.  Jesus says in John 10 that "I have come to give life and life to the full..."  That is exactly what the week was about.

I met a 16 year old dude from Colorado Springs named Buddy C.  His week was packed.  He rode horses, square danced, rode a zip line, played frisbee golf... he engaged in deep dialogue about who God is with his friends and leaders... and finally, yesterday around 1:45pm, Buddy stood and proclaimed that "Jesus is my Lord and I am now with Him."

Please pray for Buddy from Colorado Springs.  Pray also for Angela from Denver, who is leaving camp with new life ahead of her.  Pray for Daisy from Yuma, who burst into tears of joy before calmly and definitively declaring "I'm now a Christian."

Eternity changed.  That is what we are doing up here.  We are cultivating and creating the environment in which teenagers will encounter the living God - many for the first time ever.


 My view behind the soundboard of our Work Crew.  We have 45 high school students serving (VOLUNTEERING) for free for the entire month!  They are my heroes!
Tank, our speaker, giving some final words to campers before heading out.  
"This about sums up what we've been talking about all week..." - Tank
 This is when Buddy, Angela, Daisy and roughly another 80 students stood up to share their new faith!
A shot of my beautiful bride and me after the week finished up.  We are tired, but so thankful for what God is doing in our midst.  Thank you for praying... Keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment