Mar 14, 2011

Life...

Life is crazy.  That's all I can say... I love it.  I am blessed by it.  But to think of much else other than what is 10 minutes in front of me is too overwhelming and frightening to do.  I guess that's what life with a baby, a marriage and 2 jobs (though stated as part time are clearly FULL TIME) will do to you.  Oh, and I like this hobby called photography that I try to find time for too...

I was challenge recently by two things and I thought I'd share them quickly...
1) In my Church History class (only 8 classes left in Seminary!) each night is started with 3 minutes of prayer and a hymn being sung by monks in the background.  I know enough to make you think of Ace Ventura 2 but it actually has been incredibly relaxing and focusing.  In our last class, we discussed the turmoil within the Catholic Church over the reformation's movement and how it all came to a head in the criticism of the finished product of the "Last Judgement" by Michaelangelo.

It brought me back to being in St. Peter's Cathedral getting yelled at in Italian for taking pictures.  A simpler time.  I know you were expecting something much deeper... but nope.  You get that.

2) A good friend of mine suggested I, along with 20 other folks, read a book called "Walking with God".  I literally thought to myself "Yea Right!  When the crap do you expect me to read this..." I was annoyed with the idea of squeezing in another book.  But I picked it up and can't put it down... It has blessed my soul to be confronted with my prayer life.  With my listening life. 

Then it made me think about those 3 minutes I started every class with... Why can't I find that time?  I need to create the space to hear from my Lord... 3 minutes to be still... I seriously can't find 3 minutes? 

Of course I can.  The lists, the chores, the things to do, the email... it can all wait.  2 min, 47 sec until I start again.  Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment